Spring is a great time to take control of your vehicle’s regular maintenance. Driving in the winter weather, even in Southern California, can take a toll on our cars, causing wear and tear that can affect overall performance and fuel efficiency. Before your spring or summer road trips, please stop by one of our shops for a spring vehicle inspection. Here is a checklist of top spring maintenance items to help keep your vehicle running smoothly throughout the year!
- Read your vehicle’s owner’s manual and see if any recommended services are due shortly
- Make sure you are current with your vehicle’s oil and filter change
- Have coolant levels, condition, and concentration checked
- Inspect belts & hoses for any wear and tear
- Test air conditioning and verify if it is working properly
- Check your tires – look at the overall condition, tread, and check tire pressure
- Look at all lights, interior, and exterior, to make sure they work correctly, including headlights, taillights, and brake lights
- Change your windshield wipers and top off wiper fluid
- Have all fluids checked for levels, including power steering, transmission, and brake fluid
- Inspect your car’s battery for any corrosion. Having your battery tested is a good idea if it’s been over 3 years since your last battery replacement. It may be time to replace the battery.
The experts can perform all of the services listed above at our five Family Auto Service locations. If you’re due for spring maintenance, bring in your vehicle! We will complete a full inspection to determine if any services are needed to keep your car, truck, or SUV reliable and safe this year for you and your family.